Friday, March 2, 2018

Moodboard: March 2018

No, I haven't been smoking weed!
Hello everyone! Wow, like, it's March already! It feels as if it was only yesterday when I made my February Moodboard. Time surely is ticking so fast. Anyways, I discovered a lot of novelties lately, or at least re-discovering things. Well, my main focus is always my thesis and my job, but I don't know, I don't think I'm developing myself through my thesis, so I think I have to find new novelties every month to keep me fresh.

March is going to be my reggae month. Reggae songs actually make me happy without smoking any weed lol. I actually discovered this cool band "The Undercover Hippy", they produce real good stuff, and they also made this song called "Coming to the Gambia", it's about empowering people in Gambia, and showing that globalization is a modern colonization: which I think it's true. I mean, living in this poor country with prices raising day by day, I'm pretty sure I'm still being colonized by countries with stronger currency.

And also! I've been learning Hangul. It's quite easy, really. I read Hangul kinda well now, not fluent, but I can read it. It's not as hard as Japanese, I think. Maybe it's because I've been watching Korean drama in the past 2 years, so i'm quite aware of the vocabularies. Talking about Hangul... I think South Korea really did a great job in creating South Korea's nation brand. Like they said, they managed to obtain the economic miracle with their marketing strategies, entertainment business, and hard work, of course. Also, for the very first time in my life, I now have a crush on Korean actors: Lee Jong Suk and Ji Chang Wook. Yes I know they're everywhere to be seen but I just, Lee Jong Suk, he has a very unique face, and Ji Chang Wook has this friendly brother-ish face. 아이고!


Another thing that highlights my March is International Women's Day, it's on March 8. I've been looking forward to join Women's March in Jakarta, on March 3 2018. Since my family is visiting me in Bandung that day, I will just join the march in Bandung on March 4 2018. Anyways... there are things that have been bothering me regarding my gender. I hate catcalling so much I just don't see the point. And I also feel uncomfortable with the fact or the socially-constructed fact that women have to do all the housework while men don't. It hurts me real bad to imagine living with someone a.k.a my future husband who can not take care of himself. I mean, men aren't stupid... so why is it so hard to do the dishes, to do the laundry, or to mop the floor? 

Husbands in Indonesia seem to feel like they own their wives, which they don't. I just want women to know that, your husband isn't your boss, and you can't just spoil him by cooking, cleaning, and doing other housework for him. And I also want to give my voice towards catcalling. I think it's basically sexual harassment as the catcallers seem to have satisfaction seeing our fear. I hope the government could just, I don't know stop being so medieval and start creating better constitution and supporting gender equality.

Another thing that I've been thinking about is becoming a gypsy. I know it's random as fuck but I am just soo tired of these never-ending chores and paper-chasing cultures. I suddenly thought maybe I should be sooo organic as fuck I grow my own rice and vegetables, and create art everyday. I've also discovered Appleby Horse Fair, it's an annual event for gypsies and travellers to gather along with their horses in the town of Appleby, England. I think it'd be cool to attend that horse fair.

So that's it: my literal mood board to guide me this March. 
Good night everyone!


No comments:

Post a Comment