Monday, August 24, 2015

Collage Art

Instagram: fidyzahra
Good Monday! I'm so excited to tell you all about my new discovery. Some of you might think that it's a so-so discovery or some of you have discovered it way before me, but yup. I've started to like Collage Art. I mean I've always loved to cut magazines and attach them back together and create a new concept or a new shape, but I didn't know that "Collage Artist" existed. I've made some collages before, but I don't think I've ever shared it before, I might have, but I'm not sure. These collages above are collages that I made on Sunday morning. 

I actually found out about this Collage Artist thing from this instagram @the.daily.splice that belongs to Adam Hale, a collage artist. I even commented on his instagram, telling him how inspired I was when I found his instagram. 

instagram: the.daily.splice
The different hing about this kind of art is, I mean, I've always loved to draw and design something, no, wait. I've always loved to draw, but no, I don't have advanced drawing skills, but I feel like this kind of art actually called my name, like a revelation. It said, "Fidy, this is what you love to do, enjoy!" CLICHE. but still, yup. this is what I love to do and what I'm actually good at. 


These are art collages that I've made before I discover this Collage Artist thingy. I got both of them from NYLON magazine. I used to buy NYLON every month, but I don't know what happened, I had a financial problem, I was broke, so I stopped buying magazines and started to google everything instead. 

This is actually a Miu Miu advertisement. I turned the model into a clown, haunted by ghosts. What I love in this collage is actually the ghosts and the headband. I somehow love the color of the leaves, they look like they were taken by an analog camera, which is really cool. What I sense in this picture is nothing but grooviness and quirkiness combined.

This is a Hayden Panitierre's picture. Well I turned her into a crazy jungle kool aid bitch in here. I actually colored the hair with color markers, I changed the lips with someone else's lips. I made these bras from living coconuts and a necklace by leaves. Again, this looks really groovy. My old collages seemed so fun, like playful kind of fun. But my new ones, they were made with mostly thoughts and I was trying to be deep philosophical shit instead of fun. So my new ones might look quite stiff. 

You can visit my instagram and tell me what you think about these collages I made. Cheers, happy monday. Stay happy, stay inspired!

No comments:

Post a Comment