Saturday, March 10, 2018

こんにちは Jakarta; Japan Inspired Visual Therapy


A thought of decent Saturday, with a glass of your favourite latte, and calm surrounding are what I need. After these weeks filled with burst of thoughts and burst of colors, I managed to spoil these visions of mine with visual therapy. I normally don't review coffee shops, or popular cafes, but i think Kopi Kotaku is exceptional.
















A cafe located in South Jakarta, inspired by Japanese coffee shop, with design-friendly interior. This minimalist aesthetic surely gave me a good time lulling in visual therapeutic situation. So here's what we captured during our visit at Kopi Kotaku.


The Ongoing Thesis 
Never have I ever, felt like this before. I just, really hate the fact that I do not have the full authority of my own work. I've been quite stressed out lately because I just don't get to choose what I want to research on and knowing the fact that my graduation actually depends on someone's hands, is really frustrating.

I've been craving to understand myself a little more: who I am, what my purpose is, why I'm here. The more I get confused about my existence, the more I get sooo anxious. Thus, I'm glad to find this cozy place to just enjoy the interior and the coffee, and the memories they had with their customer.

We ordered two cups of Coffee Latte (Kopi Susu), they tasted so good. no kidding
They have walls of polaroid, taken by their customers. They're actually having a polaroid competition. Every purchase of beverage here, you get 2 free polaroid shots, if you'd like, you can post it on their instagram and tag them and win some cool offer.
taking a picture with the bike and color pantone bcs why not
Spacious white walls, with brown tufted benches, along with fair wooden furnitures = pleasures for the eyes. It was lunch time so it wasn't really crowded, which I love. It was just this tranquility along with japanese music. Love love this place!

I guess that's pretty much my best shots. I wish I could've stayed longer to capture more close-up and detailed pictures. But anyways, it was a fine day I had to write it. And I would love to come again, they have such a good vibe here. 

Kopi KOTAKU
Jl. Wijaya 1 No. 73 
Jakarta Selatan
ig: @kopikotaku

No comments:

Post a Comment