Sunday, May 6, 2018

APRIL PLAYLIST: BRAZILIAN MUSIC ( I KNOW IT'S MAY ALREADY!)



Bom dia! It's really not my fault if I end up liking brazilian music, I mean you can blame Lele Pons and friends. They basically, introduced me to Anitta, a brazilian singer. I've always been attached to a song by its lyrics. I love Spanish, but I've also strated to like Portuguese. Yes, basically I can blame Lele Pons for this brazilian madness. I've watched her dancing video featuring Juanpa, they were dancing to this song by Anitta "Downtown."


This might sound weird, but I like the way brazilians pronounce "bajao" those words, ending with "ao" suffix? not sure if it's a suffix. like "interseao?" Somehow I think it's sexy? Imagine my boyfriend talking in Portuguese. It makes me smile

Back in January 2016, I met two brazilian friends: Marinna and Allison. We were volunteering to this WWF program for the endangered animals. One month ago, I kind of texted her and even asked about some cool brazilian tunes. I haven't had the chance to post it though. So basically, this post has been a draft for one month. Marinna told me that the genre "funk" is actually from favela area in Rio de Jainero, Brazil. Favela is an area above the hills, sometimes they refer it as a slum. But it's not a slum if it can make such a great, energetic music.

Anyways, here's my Brazilian Playlist, "Favela Flavour" on my Spotify.




No comments:

Post a Comment