Wednesday, February 7, 2018

Room 243: Interior Photography Project


Hello again everyone! It might be too late to writethis post, because it's done in December 2017 or maybe late November? Back in the days, I was suddenly interested in interior photography because I spent too much time on Pinterest learning about still life contemporary photography. What I love about interior photography, well still life contemporary interior photography is that as you can see, it feels like the room is talking, or the furniture is talking. It feels like bringing the shapes, the shadows, the textures, to life. I think that's why it's called "still life".

One day, my friend called and she asked for my help to shoot an apartment located in Bandung for their airbnb website. I was thrilled because it was my first time ever shooting an interior. So I was very excited. When I got there, the apartment was so neat, it was clean kinfolk kind of apartment (if you know what I mean), the shades were black and white (mainly). I'm gonna add caption so that I can show you how contemporary still life photography seems to be talking to you. So here are what I captured (dominantly my best shots). *still learning here



The door frame says "oh we have company!"
"Procrastinator!"
"Where's mom?"
"Unwet"
To be truthful, I was more keen on capturing the details because I wanted to capture the "emotion" more than the space they're offering. But my client, which is my friend's brother, he was satisfied with my work. Now I am wanting to experience more color in interior photography, more textures, more middle-eastern interior or asian ones, I think there will be a lot of shadows, and foregrounds and definite depth of field.
"Focus on me"
The plant is longing for a friend next to it.


I was playing really safe with the color, I didn't want to confuse people with colors that weren't cohesive, because i thought it would look cheap? I didn't make a moodboard for this project but I did get this minimalistic shades in my brain so it wouldn''t look like we're overdoing it. I'm very happy to be a part of this project. Airbnb even featured it on Instagram Ad so I'm very satisfied. I hope that I will have more experience in interior photography in the future. 


No comments:

Post a Comment