Sunday, June 2, 2013

Youth

It was Friday night. My friend and I were gussying up in this restroom, located in this lounge. Suddenly, a woman showed up. My friend told me that her name was Maya, but I wasn't sure. I'm still not sure. My friend was complaining about her hair looking so messy. Maya was looking at us with such a tolerant smile, Maya said, "It's okay, you're young and beautiful." 
That one phrase actually liberated me, resuscitated me, assured me that I was young, and beautiful. And I am still young. And she sounded to be saying that, as long as you're young and beautiful, everything will be okay. Seems like, everything can't be so scary as long as you're young. So I guess, don't be afraid as long as you're young. We're the wanted souls, we should not be afraid at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment