Thursday, December 22, 2011

Sonnenstrahl by Schandmaul


I have this old friend who brought up this german band named "Schandmaul" while we were talking. I looked it up on youtube, and this Sinnenstrahl song showed up. Sonnenstrahl means Sunlight or Sunray, I don't know haha. This song is about someone who tries to be something that's just perfect. In the beginning of this song, the singer sings, "Ich wär so gern ein kleiner Sonnenstrahl, ein kleiner Lichtblitz, Lichtblick am Horizont, ein Gute-Laune-Bringer, ein Friedensbote und ein Freudenspender, Glücksversender, ein Lächeln ohne Grund." which means "I'd love to be; A little sunray, A friendly lightning, Gleam of hope at the horizon, A high-spirits bringer, An envoy of peace and, A joy donator luck consignor; A smile without reason"
And the song continues...


Ich würd' Dich dann verfolgen, stets Deinen Weg erhellen,
alle Schatten vertreiben, alle Hindernisse fällen,
und wenn alles grau ist in Deinem See der Seele,
wär ich der einzige Farbklecks, Hoffnungsschimmer nur für Dich
.
Doch zu meinem Bedauern werd' ich davon gar nichts sein,
denn ich bin stinknormal und habe lediglich nur Schwein,
dass Du an mir was findest, drum versuche ich zumindest
vom Sonnenstrahl, vom Fisch, vom Baum ein Stück für Dich zu klauen.

Translation:
I'd follow you
always lighten your ways
scare away all shadows
free your ways of all obstacles
and when everything is grey
in the sea/lake/waters of your soul
I'd be the only blob/drop of colour
a glimmer of hope, only for you

But much to my regret
I won’t be this or this
Cause I’m common-or-garden (Ordinary in my version)
And happy to have this luck
That you like me in some way
That’s why I try at least
To steal a bit of sunray fish
And tree, just for you

You're probably confused. HAHA. try looking at this post again, absorb the words, and interpret. It's beautiful. 


No comments:

Post a Comment